The Apprenticeship Program emphasizes on-the-job and classroom instruction, as well as the use of textbooks and other course materials giving participants a thorough knowledge of the trade.
As an apprentice, you will be employed by an insulation contractor. The contractor will pay you appropriate wage and oversee your training on the job-site.
Throughout your apprenticeship, you will work side by side with experienced journeyman who understands the practical applications of knowledge and theory.
As you progress through each year of the program, the task assigned will become more complicated and you will require less supervision. Your sense of pride, independence and self-confidence will grow as you accomplish increasingly difficult task with less assistance and instruction. Your earnings will be adjusted upward each year to reflect your advancing skills and increased knowledge of the trade.
When not on a job-site, you will attend classes taught by highly qualified instructors chosen for their extensive knowledge and expertise.
Upon completion of your apprenticeship, you will be required to take an examination to demonstrate your knowledge and skills. Passage of this exam is necessary to obtain journeyman status.
Our training program is four years based on related instruction and on the job training. Our program is recognized thru the state of Wisconsin as the leaders in Mechanical Insulation industry. Apprentices after completion are given a journeyman Certificate and are capable of working anywhere in the United States and Canada.
1. Call Kelly at (920) 734-3148, XT 6 to have an application packet mailed to you.
2. Follow instructions and complete the packet, including ACT or accuplacer. The ACT and accuplacer testing results must meet the minimum scoring. The score must be 15 or above in reading & 16 or above in math. The score must be above 66 in reading & math for the accuplacer test.
3. You have the option to mail, scan & email, or fax the completed packet to:
Mail - OMS 3315 N Ballard Rd., Ste. D, Appleton, WI 54911 Scan & Email - firstname.lastname@example.org Fax - 920-734-6754
4. Once packet is completed and submitted, you will receive a letter of introduction from the H&F Insulators Local 127 Apprenticeship Program.
• This means that you will be given a list of companies, where you are able to solicit to the contractors directly until they offer you a job.
• No one will be making the calls to get you a job, this will be your opportunity to pursue your own career by calling these companies.
Starting pay: $16.11 Plus Fringe Benefits once eligibility requirements are met.
Work Location & Travel: There is regular travel that involves a 1 hour or more drive one way, to any project location in the state of Wisconsin, and surrounding states. If you choose not to travel, then you won’t be working.
Documentation to bring:
High School Diploma or GED
Two forms of valid ID
You MUST have RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION
Pre-employment drug screen & background check
*** For VA education benefits information call Customer Services 888-442-4551 ***
For any application questions call Kelly at: (920) 734-3148, EXT 6
For any trade or pay related questions call Jeremy at: (715) 823-5669